This qualification is aimed at young people and raises awareness of important health and safety issues. The course is aimed at 14 - 19 year olds who are about to embark on work experience or their first job
A young worker is 50% more likely to have an accident than an older worker. There have been
cases of young people being killed during their first week at work.
- Health and safety hazards
- How hazards may cause harm
- How employers can keep people healthy and safe
- How employees can keep themselves and others healthy and safe
- Health and safety signs and their meanings
- Personal protective equipment and its use
- The benefits of good health and safety at work
- The consequences of poor health and safety at work.
- Assessment is via a simple portfolio of evidence which is marked
by the centre and externally moderated
- Structured evidence sheets are provided to help learners.
- Centres register their learners
- Centres deliver the learning (recommended 3-4 hours)
- Learners complete the assessment
- Centres mark the work
- Centres submit a sample for moderation
will depend on learner numbers and location
Qualification held at your premises for up to12 learners could be as low as £360.00 + vat, including all training materials and certificates.
Contact us to book a course or for more information (course dates can be available to suit you)
Download Specification Sheet here